International workshop Chronologies, Lithics and Metals. Late Neolithic and Copper Age in the eastern part of the Carpathian Basin and in the Balkans, organized by the Deutsches Archäologisches Institutes (Berlin) and the Institute of Archaeological Sciences of the Eötvös Loránd University (Budapest).was held in Budapest, March 30–1 April, 2012.
The main topics were the following:
- nucleated and tell settlements
- Copper Age cemeteries
- radiocarbon based chronology
- early use of metal
- use and role of lithics
By Dr. Bisserka Gaydarska, Dr. Natalia Burdo, Dr. John Chapman and Dr. Mikhail Videjko was presented report Nebelivka: in search of the history and meaning of a Copper Age mega-site - about results and perspectives of investigations of Trypillia mega-site Nebelivka, which continued this year from July,16.
- Brief history of investigations
- Key issues for the Project
- The 2009 season
- settlement patterns
- Responding to Roland Fletcher
- The excavation of Nebelivka House A9
- The Big Question for debate – what is proto-urbanism in the Neolithic of the Forest Steppe?